Saturday, January 17, 2009

Presidency Message

We have just finished celebrating the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. During the month of December, we thought often of serving others, sharing kindness, and developing charity. The year has drawn to a close and we have welcomed in a new one. I feel that celebrating this New Year comes at a very appropriate time. The Savior’s teachings were about changing our hearts and our minds, about renewing our faith and our focus.

New Year’s resolutions are always foremost in my mind during January. I am always looking for ways to better myself. For this year, my goals are very similar to what they have been in past years. Part of the reason for this is because I have not completed the goals I made in 2008. However, I also repeat my goals because I am not trying to reinvent myself each year; I am trying to improve. If you have not made goals for this year, I would suggest focusing on the following areas:

1. Spiritual
2. Physical
3. Emotional/Personal

Keep the Savior in mind as you make your goals. Do these resolutions help you draw near to Christ? Do they improve your spirits and give you peace? If they do, they will be worth keeping. I hope and pray that this year will be one of great joy for all of us.

No comments: