Monday, March 16, 2009
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
It may be difficult to look inward, but my challenge for this month is to do just that. Find your strengths. Acknowledge them. Build on them! Your circumstances may not be ideal, but if you are willing to do these things, the Lord will bless you and show you how wonderful you really are. You may wish to focus on the following areas:
- Physical beauty
- Physical strength
- Emotional strength
- Spiritual strength
As you work on blossoming yourself, remember that the gifts you have been given are from our Heavenly Father. Enjoy them and develop them, but remember to also use them to bless your family and those around you. If you do these things, you will begin to understand what a precious daughter of God you really are.
A special note to mothers: please read the following talk by Elder M. Russell Ballard: “Daughters of God,” Ensign, May 2008, pgs. 108-110 (also available online at http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=9694558fcc599110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&hideNav=1
“Today While the Sun Shines”
March: Get out of Debt
- Pay tithes and other offerings.
- Don’t ignore your debt.
- Create, use, and stick to a family budget.
- Work towards paying off your highest interest debt.
- Contact creditors and explain your situation.
- Be sure to check your credit quarterly and correct any errors.
- Build a financial reserve.
- Teach your family members how to manage money.
More information available at http://www.BePreparedCincinnati.com/